Cisco CCIE Data Center v2.1

Posted By: 2019-05-08

Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert Data Center or the CCIE Data Center which is going to certify the expert-level skills required for the planning, designing, implementing and managing of complex, modern IT data center infrastructure. Professionals who have achieved CCIE Data Center certification would prove that they have demonstrated their technical skills at the highest-level using industry best-practices. This certification is for experienced data center professionals who are pursuing to have future-proof skills that are needed for leadership roles focused on harnessing in-depth IT data center solutions and emerging technologies.


Lab Preparation Workshop:

There are many CCIE Lab preparation workshops that offer the professionals’ who have already passed a written exam or having work experience in the same field and they are quite confident so as to directly jump into lab preparation sessions. They are directly designated to their lab seats to get the practical exposure from the very first day.


Obtaining the Certification

There are two steps to obtaining this certification:

Step One: CCIE Data Center Written Exam (400-151)

The CCIE Data Center Written Exam (400-151) certifies expert-level skills in planning, designing, implementing, operating, and troubleshooting various complex Data Center infrastructures. It accesses the ability of the candidate to understand the requirements of Data Centers, how different components in the Data Center are going to interoperate, and also the ability to translate it into the device configurations.


An Evolving Technologies section would be included in the written exam only. It would enable candidates to bridge their core technology expertise with knowledge of the embryonic technologies that are being adopted at an accelerated speed, like a cloud, IoT, and network programmability.


It has been recalibrated and would be consisting of three sub-domains and a total of five tasks for which the expected depth of knowledge is going to be focused on conceptual comprehension. The Evolving Technologies section will account for around 10 percent of the total score while the remaining core technologies will account for the remaining 90 percent.


Step Two: CCIE Data Center Lab Exam

CCIE Data Center Lab v2.1 is a two-part eight-hour timed exam that would test the candidate’s skills to diagnose, configure and troubleshoot a complex data center topology. Knowledge of configuration and troubleshooting are believed to be an important set of skills and candidates are expected to configure and troubleshoot issues as part of the CCIE Data Center Lab exam.


Let’s discuss their two modules of the exam.


Module 1: Diagnostic 

In this module, the candidates are provided various pieces of information similar to information that is provided to a Data Center support engineer who would be assisting a customer in finding the root cause of an issue, and similar to information that would be provided by someone who is stuck in troubleshooting an issue. No device access is allowed in this module.


This module is going to include multiple-choice, drag-and-drop style items, and point-and-click style items. The Diagnostic module which is also known as “troubleshoot tickets” contains a set of documents that the candidate consults in order to be able to identify and understand the root cause of the issue presented to them. The Candidates correlate and analyze information so as to diagnose among the pre-defined options provided to them. This module is of about one hour.


Module 2: Configuration & Troubleshooting

The Configuration and Troubleshooting module would be testing the hands-on practical capabilities of a candidate. It consists of various scenarios which would be based on one topology. At the beginning of this module, the candidates are provided a full overview of the entire module; and are allowed to make a choice of working on items in a sequence or not. Candidates are not allowed to go back and forth between modules while the exam is being commenced.


Clearing this complex exam could be troublesome, but if you join some good training providers like the SPOTO Club, it would be quite easy for you to gain your certification.


FAQ

Dumps